WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
Advisors are available for currently attending or returning Fresno State undergraduates. We can help you with:
- General Education
- Graduation requirements (including DARS report review)
- Probation and disqualification
- Major exploration (help for undeclared/undecided students)
- Class registration
- University policies and procedures
- Academic petitions
- Special majors
Scroll down to find out how to contact us.
Second Semester Freshman Advising
For information about Fresno State's mandatory advising requirements, click here.
HOW TO CONTACT US
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with an academic advisor:
- Call 559.278.1787, OR
- Drop by Joyal Administration, Room 224 (second floor, across from Financial Aid).
- No appointment needed most Wednesdays (call office to confirm)
- Hours: 9–11 a.m. and 1:30–4 p.m. during the academic year
- Brief (10-15 minute) advising sessions with an academic counselor.
Summer Walk-In Wednesday hours: 8–11 a.m. and 1–2:30 p.m.
Click here for online advising (questions of a general nature only).
If you are in need of advising specific to your MAJOR, please contact your major department .
- If you have attended Fresno State in the past, please make an appointment with an academic counselor.
- If you have attended other institutions since you were last here, bring copies of those transcripts if you have them (even unofficial ones).
- If you have never attended Fresno State but have been formally admitted for an upcoming semester, you will need to attend DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation before you may speak with one of our advisors. After attending Dog Days, you are welcome to meet with an advisor.
- If you have never attended Fresno State and have not been formally admitted to the university, please contact University Outreach Services.
HOW TO FIND US
Student Success Services
Joyal Administration Building, Room 224
5150 North Maple Avenue M/S JA 62
Fresno California 93740-8026
We are located in the Joyal Administration Building, Room 224, near the corner of Maple and Shaw Avenues. (See campus map. Short-term parking is available in the area south of the Smittcamp Alumni House.)
You can also buy a $3 permit for the day and park in any student lot.
Office hours during the academic year are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday.
Summer hours (late May to early August) are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.