Referring Students for Services
Typically, a student seeks out services on his/her own. However, you may offer to walk a student over to the Student Health and Counseling Center (Area E) during walk-in hours.
If you are unsure about the signs of a distressed student, read more here.
Our staff can help you:
- Assess the situation, its seriousness, and the need for referral
- Identify resources for the student
- Find the best way to make the referral, if needed
- Clarify your own feelings and consider ways you can be most effective
- Discuss follow-up concerns
If you feel there is a possible safety risk—for the student or others—contact the CARE team.
If you choose to help a student, or if a student approaches you read our Guidelines for Dealing with Distressed Students.